On this day in 1969, Ted Kennedy was driving his secretary Mary Jo Kopechne home. It is widely believed that Ted Kennedy was drunk. He drove the car into a lake. Kennedy fled the scene, presumably so his level of intoxication could not be tested. He returned the next morning with his lawyer. Mary Jo had been trapped in the car and drowned.
Kennedy was only charged with leaving the scene of an accident in which an injury occurred. He received no jail time. He remained one of the biggest heroes of the American left-wing.
- George Zimmerman emerges from hiding to help rescue family in overturned vehicle
- Two little girls slaughtered by illegal alien
- Autopsy shows Renisha McBride was very intoxicated during shooting
- Marxist gang member dies while committing assault in France
- WWII vet beaten to death in his own driveway in random hate mob attack
- Iowa man beaten to death in racial hate crime
- Tampa cabbie killed in hate crime/thrill kill murder