Federal agencies are being ordered to punish the American public over the sequester.
From Washington Times…
The Obama administration denied an appeal for flexibility in lessening the sequester’s effects, with an email this week appearing to show officials in Washington that because they already had promised the cuts would be devastating, they now have to follow through on that.
In the email sent Monday by Charles Brown, an official with the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service office in Raleigh, N.C., Mr. Brown asked “if there was any latitude” in how to spread the sequester cuts across the region to lessen the impacts on fish inspections.
He said he was discouraged by officials in Washington, who gave him this reply: “We have gone on record with a notification to Congress and whoever else that ‘APHIS would eliminate assistance to producers in 24 states in managing wildlife damage to the aquaculture industry, unless they provide funding to cover the costs.’ So it is our opinion that however you manage that reduction, you need to make sure you are not contradicting what we said the impact would be.”
“This email confirms what many Americans have suspected: The Obama administration is doing everything they can to make sure their worst predictions come true and to maximize the pain of the Sequester cuts for political gain,” said Rep. Tim Griffin, Arkansas Republican.
Mr. Brown, the official who sent the email and who is eastern regional director for wildlife services at APHIS, didn’t immediately return a call Tuesday afternoon seeking comment.
APHIS is an agency within the Agriculture Department, and on Tuesday department Secretary Tom Vilsack was challenged on the email at a House committee hearing by Rep. Kristi Noem, who said she hoped the department wouldn’t tie agencies’ hands.
Mr. Vilsack said he hadn’t seen the email, but said agencies are supposed to be trying to find ways to manage the impact of the cuts.
- Sequester Time
- Obama: US funding for homosexuals rights is now official policy.
- Leaked DOJ document: “assault weapons are not a major contributor to US gun homicide”
- Republicans fold: $1 spending cut for every $41 increase
- Obama to pull National Guard from border.
- High level Department of the Interior director resigns over oil spill.
- Obama's treasury nominee failed to pay taxes!
- WSJ: ATF may have supplied grenades to Mexican drug cartels.
- Obama scandals exploding
- Obama/Holder DOJ on FOIA: We will just lie!
- Obama administration may be protecting OWS encampment.
- Justice Dept. Drops AIPAC Spy Case.