Venezuela banned guns in June 2012. Already the country has seen a 12% increase in murders. The UK Telegraph also outed Myor Bloomberg as telling a bold faced lie about Venezuelan gun violence.
The number of victims was up by 12 per cent from last year when there were 19,336 deaths, the Venezuelan Violence Observatory said in its annual report.
High profile killings included that of a three year-old child, Edgar Torres, who was fired on 10 times while he was asleep in bed, after a gunman had come in to kill a teenage relative.
In August more than 20 people were killed in a battle between two heavily armed groups inside the Yare I prison. More than 300 prisoners died in Venezuelan jails in the first half of the year.
In June this year the government banned private gun ownership, meaning only the army police and security groups could buy them. It also offered an amnesty allowing people to give up illegal firearms.
Meanwhile Michael Bloomberg, the mayor of New York City, announced the number of murders there fell 19 per cent this year to the lowest level since records began in 1963.
- Dictator Bloomberg declares an end to personal privacy in NYC
- Guns or Demographics?
- Miami braces for another violent black beach week.
- Fourth black on white murder in Ohio in only six days
- Illegal alien kills three Norwegians one day before his scheduled deportation
- Black Power and Communist groups both praising election of Lumumba
- Mayor Bloomberg admits that the NYC goes easier on blacks than whites