Venezuela banned guns in June 2012. Already the country has seen a 12% increase in murders. The UK Telegraph also outed Myor Bloomberg as telling a bold faced lie about Venezuelan gun violence.
The number of victims was up by 12 per cent from last year when there were 19,336 deaths, the Venezuelan Violence Observatory said in its annual report.
High profile killings included that of a three year-old child, Edgar Torres, who was fired on 10 times while he was asleep in bed, after a gunman had come in to kill a teenage relative.
In August more than 20 people were killed in a battle between two heavily armed groups inside the Yare I prison. More than 300 prisoners died in Venezuelan jails in the first half of the year.
In June this year the government banned private gun ownership, meaning only the army police and security groups could buy them. It also offered an amnesty allowing people to give up illegal firearms.
Meanwhile Michael Bloomberg, the mayor of New York City, announced the number of murders there fell 19 per cent this year to the lowest level since records began in 1963.
- Dictator Bloomberg declares an end to personal privacy in NYC
- Communist Dictator Chavez bans guns
- English sick of being discriminated against in their own country.
- Surprise UK Telegraph confession: The majority of London crime is committed by black men.
- UK Telegraph Confession: Blacks actually do commit way more crime.
- EU recognizes systematice murder of Ukranians, but still says it wasn't "Genocide."
- Dictator Bloomberg bans private food donations to the homeless
- Bloomberg hires Trayvon's mom for anti self-defense ads
- Guns or Demographics?
- Indianapolis murder wave continues, 13 killed in two weeks.
- Biggest baby boom since Soviet times
- Miami braces for another violent black beach week.