Major updates on January 26th
Liberal blue states California and Oregon are in the lead!
Note: There are many other Sheriffs who have spoken out against gun control. We are only listing the ones who have specifically indicated that will or are likely to refuse to co-operate. The ones who only said they may refuse have a note next to their name. The CofCC encourages readers to contact your local County Sheriffs and ask them to take a stand.
Please help us compile a full list. E-mail use your tips.
We also encourage everyone to talk to your county sheriff and ask them to take a stand against Federal gun control tyranny.
Madison County Sheriff Blake Dorning
Siskiyou County Sheriff Jon Lopey (strong insinuation that he would refuse)
Hinsdale County Sheriff Ronald Bruce (insinuated that he would die to protect gun rights)
Martin County Sheriff Bill Snyder
Cherokee County Sheriff Roger Garrison
Paulding County Sheriff Gary Gulledge
Jackson County Sheriff Denny Peyman
Johnson County Sheriff Charles Heiss (insinuated he would refuse)
Lawrence County Sheriff Brad DeLay (said he would defend and aid the public against gun confiscation)
Coos County Sheriff Craig Zanni (insinuated he would refuse)
Deschutes County Sheriff Larry Blanton
Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin
Grant County Sheriff Glenn Palmer
Marion County Sheriff Jason Myers (insinuated he would refuse)
Polk County Sheriff Bob Wolfe (indicated that he would refuse to comply if Sheriffs had a consensus)
Notes: Klamath County Sheriff refused to comment. Lane County Sheriff says he will leave it up to the Supreme Court. Multnomah County Sherif stated that he supports gun rights. Wheeler County Sheriff urged residents to support Gun Rights and donate to the Oregon State Sheriff’s Association.
Charleston County Sheriff Al Cannon (may refuse)
Smith County Sheriff Larry Smith
Davis County Sheriff Todd Richardson (refuse to enforce gun laws mandated by president without congressional act)
Weber County Sheriff Terry Thompson (insinuated that he would refuse)
Notes: The Utah Sheriffs’ association sent a very strongly worded letter to Obama. It says that Utah law enforcement will not participate in gun control.
Fox News ran an entire four minute segment of a Wyoming sheriff who announced that he would refuse to comply. However, they did not give his name. Please send us an e-mail if you know.
BAD LIST: County Sheriffs who support disarming law abiding citizens
Montgomery County Sheriff D.T. Marshall
San Diego Sheriff William Gore (Was a Federal agent at the notorious Ruby Ridge massacre. When called to testify about his role, he pleaded the 5th. He publicly says he wants AR-15s and similar rifles completely banned. He has been criticized as an outsider by other local law enforcement.)
- More sheriffs pledge to defy potential Federal gun grab
- Utah Sheriffs’ Association pledges to defend citizens from “tyrannical subjugation”
- Arizona has thrived since passing tough immigration law
- Bombshell! 52% of gun owning Democrats say they would defy confiscation!
- San Diego Police Chief: We can disarm the public
- Michigan State Reps lash out against gun control!
- Actual JTTF Task Force Flyer
- Mayor Challenges Popular Sheriff’s Anti-Illegal Immigration Tactics
- Obama's attack on Arizona law seems to be failing
- Obama administration orders halt to immigration enforcement in Arizona county.
- Obama controlled ICE tells sheriff to release illegals.
- White populations are declining across US.