Piers Morgan lost his British news job for running a hoax and embarrassing his employer. How fitting that CNN, which recently eliminated their entire sixty person investigative journalism department, hired a frontman who is notorious for faking the news.
Piers Morgan was responsible for a high profile hoax that falsely accused a British regiment of torturing and urinating on Iraqis.
Piers Morgan was sacked in May, 2004. Simon Cowell of Syco Entertainment came to his rescue. He hired Morgan to be a judge on Britain’s Got Talent, even though Morgan appears to have no previous qualifications. Morgan was subsequently hired to be on tv shows by NBC, FOX, and CNN in the United States.
For perpetrating a cruel hoax to demonize the British army, it seems he has been lavished with rewards by the left-wing British and US broadcast media.
Daily Mirror editor Piers Morgan has been sacked after the newspaper conceded photos of British soldiers abusing an Iraqi were fake.
In a statement the Mirror said it had fallen victim to a “calculated and malicious hoax” and that it would be “inappropriate” for Morgan to continue.
The Queen’s Lancashire Regiment (QLR) said the Mirror had endangered British troops by running the pictures.
Roger Goodman, of the QLR, said the regiment now felt “vindicated”.
Mr Goodman added: “It is just a great pity it has taken so long… and that so much damage has been done in the meantime.”
At a news conference in Preston on Friday afternoon, the regiment demonstrated to reporters aspects of uniform and equipment which it said proved the photographs were fake.
The regiment’s Brigadier Geoff Sheldon said the vehicle featured in the photographs had been located in a Territorial Army base in Lancashire and had never been in Iraq.
He said the QLR’s reputation had been damaged by the Mirror and asked the newspaper to apologise because the evidence they were staged was “overwhelming”.
- Piers Morgan hits all time low
- Left-wing CNN host says he is “gleeful” that CT shooting took place
- Reality Check on Piers Morgan
- Milwaukee County Sheriff makes Piers Morgan look like a fool
- Newsweek columnist advocates murdering Alex Jones on Piers Morgan show
- CNN in damage control after defending Christopher Dorner
- Fox News criticizing real conservatives.
- ABC National News does 180 on George Zimmerman
- "wise" Morgan Freeman leaves wife of 26 years to allegedly marry step-granddaughter.
- FOX News airs completely fake news story about Russia.
- USMC Commandant: I won't force gays on US Marine Corps.
- Will Obama send ground troops to Libya?