This is another one of those stories that was an obvious hoax since the beginning. However, the media desperately wanted it to be true.
The black woman in Shreveport was not set on fire by KKK members. She set herself on fire and invented the attackers. Investigators say the wounds are all self-inflicted.
Police in Winnsboro are announing at a news conference that they believe Sharmeka Moffitt fabricated a story about being attacked and burned Sunday night at Civitan Park in Winnsboro by three men who wrote “KKK” on the hood of her car.
Moffitt, 20, told police she was walking on a park trail when she was attacked and set afire by three men wearing white T-shirt hoodies. She remains at LSU Health Sciences Center in Shreveport in critical condition.
Police now believe it was Moffitt who wrote “KKK” and “nigger” on the hood of her Buick LaCross with toothpaste and then set fire to herself. She told police she couldn’t identify the race of those she claimed had attacked her. She called 911 from the park.
- Woman charged for hate crime hoax
- Thug uses human feces in hate crime attack
- Navy vet severely injured in hate crime mob attack in Boston
- Double hate crime mob attack gang rape in Wilmington
- Racially motivated mob attack in Louisville, KY
- 3 whites attacked in hate crime mob assaults in Georgia
- Swedish media falsifies hate crime mob attack