One of America’s most multi-racial cities is on total lockdown after dark due to rioters.
Jersey City is less than 15% white(non-Hispanic).
After 24 people were arrested last night on charges of breaking into stores, Jersey City has imposed a city-wide curfew on pedestrians and all businesses overnight, officials said today.
“We have to provide for the welfare and safety of all our residents” during the recovery from Hurricane Sandy, Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy said. “This limitation will assist us in achieving this goal.”
Pedestrians must be off the streets in all areas of the city from 7 p.m. tonight until 7 a.m. tomorrow, Jersey City spokesman Stan Eason said. All businesses in the city must be closed during that period, Eason said.
- Four Cleveland suburbs have cancelled fireworks because of violence
- Mayor Bloomberg admits that the NYC goes easier on blacks than whites
- Black radicals denounce Belle Isle lease plan as “racist”
- Philadelphia mayor retaliates against Philly Magazine
- Computer program estimates murder rate of any US city
- New Black Power mayor of Jackson to hold biggest block party in Mississippi history
- St. Louis Police will distribute free books in new anti-crime initiative