Israel is passes major new anti-immigration law. Illegal aliens to be imprisoned up to three years. Coyotes can be imprisoned for up to 15 years. Migrant workers to suffer harsher penalties for crimes.
A law granting Israeli authorities the power to detain illegal migrants for up to three years came into effect on Sunday, in the wake of widening public controversy over the influx of African migrants who cross into Israel along its border with Egypt.
The law makes illegal migrants and asylum seekers liable to jail, without trial or deportation, if caught staying in Israel for long periods. In addition, anyone helping migrants or providing them with shelter could face prison sentences of between five and 15 years.
The law amended the Prevention of Infiltration Law of 1954, passed to prevent the entry of Palestinians as part of emergency legislation. The law is expanded to address migrant workers or asylum seekers who enter Israel without posing a threat to Israel’s security.
According to the law, migrant workers already here could be jailed for the most minor offense such as spraying graffiti or stealing a bicycle – infractions for which they would not have been detained before.
“For this purpose, several wards outside Saharonim have been converted, and we will prepare according to need,” the statement added.
Meanwhile on Sunday, Israeli daily Maariv published an interview with Interior Minister Eli Yishai, in which he stated that most of the “Muslims that arrive here do not even believe that this country belongs to us, to the white man.”
“I will continue the struggle until the end of my term, with no compramises,” Yishai continued, stating that he would use “all the tools to expel the foreigners, until not one infiltrator remains.”
- Israel to reward African nations with arms and training if they take back illegal aliens
- Australia announces ban on receiving illegal alien boat people after riot
- Jewish group reclaiming Tel Aviv neighborhood after African immigrants deported
- The Pope plans meeting with illegal immigrants on Italian island
- Illegal aliens strike to protest arrival of H-2A guest workers in Washington
- Moscow police march huge procession of illegal alien gangbangers to police station
- Israeli government celebrates end of illegal immigration