The following charts are from an article in the June 2005 issue of Perspectives in Politics. The article is about racial disparities in welfare dependency. It is published as course material on the Indiana University website.
The liberal mantra on welfare is “There are more white people on welfare than black people.” This argument only works on people who can’t do simple math, because blacks only make up 13% of the population. However, the statement is not even true.
- Blacks receive welfare is extreme disproportion to whites.
- This disproportion is so great that more blacks are on welfare than whites, despite being only 13% of the population.
- White families living in poverty are dramatically less likely to be receiving benefits than blacks. A black family living in poverty is nearly 3 times more likely to live in subsidized housing than a white family living in poverty. They are also nearly twice as likely to be receiving food stamps.
- Black crime rates can no longer be ignored
- Are American welfare programs too generous?
- Outright bans on white employment has reduced 600k South African whites to living in squatter camps.
- Are white Americans already paying slavery reparations?
- Where are the Republicans on welfare?
- SPLC and the Racial Justice Racket
- America's Safest Cities: Less Diversity, More Safety