The following charts are from an article in the June 2005 issue of Perspectives in Politics. The article is about racial disparities in welfare dependency. It is published as course material on the Indiana University website.
The liberal mantra on welfare is “There are more white people on welfare than black people.” This argument only works on people who can’t do simple math, because blacks only make up 13% of the population. However, the statement is not even true.
- Blacks receive welfare is extreme disproportion to whites.
- This disproportion is so great that more blacks are on welfare than whites, despite being only 13% of the population.
- White families living in poverty are dramatically less likely to be receiving benefits than blacks. A black family living in poverty is nearly 3 times more likely to live in subsidized housing than a white family living in poverty. They are also nearly twice as likely to be receiving food stamps.
- Black crime rates can no longer be ignored
- Welfare recipients get over $15 an hour in 13 states
- US Census Bureau says white people are dying out
- Blacks are forty times more likely to assault whites than the other way around
- Rasmussen: one out of three blacks say most black people are racist
- South Africa’s anti-white laws benefiting Asians
- Harry Reid incites anti-white hatred at Rosa Parks ceremony