Israel announced that they will deport 50,000 illegal aliens from sub-Saharan Africa. The international community has been pressuring Israel to grant the Africans asylum and let them stay.
Israel briefly allowed Ethiopian followers of Judaism to immigrate legally to Israel. However, that was ended because nearly 100% went on welfare.
Interior Minister Eli Yishai vowed Thursday to exert every effort to see that “the last of the infiltrators return to their countries,” referring to the some 50,000 African economic migrants, asylum seekers and refugees currently in Israel.
Speaking with Army Radio, Yishai dismissed the notion that Sudanese, Eritreans and other Africans in Israel have any standing to seek political asylum. “These are not refugees, these are economic migrants who want to come to Israel for work,” he said.
Their presence “is an existential threat” to the State of Israel, he asserted, vowing to “defend the Jewish majority.” The interior minister added, “Each and every one of them will return to their countries.”
The statements come as the government is advancing the construction of a detention center in the South to house asylum seekers and infiltrators and construction of a border fence along the Egyptian border is being accelerated.
An NGO helping African migrants slammed Yishai (Shas) for his comments, saying the Interior Minister does not understand the refugee situation in Israel or the tribulations of those seeking asylum in the country.
Orit Marom Advocacy coordinator at ASSAF the Aid Organization for Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Israel said “Eli Yishai, at the Interior Ministry, didn’t check any asylum request from the Eritreans and the Sudanese who make 90% of the asylum seekers. Therefore, there is no basis for him to assess that they are not refugees because he knows nothing about their situation.”
- Israel to reward African nations with arms and training if they take back illegal aliens
- Australia announces ban on receiving illegal alien boat people after riot
- Iceland considers granting asylum to NSA whistleblower
- Jewish group reclaiming Tel Aviv neighborhood after African immigrants deported
- Israeli Supreme Court order release of illegal immigrants
- Swedish government calls for ethnic cleansing of the native Swedes
- Kenyan mega-murderer granted asylum and free housing in Britain