Recently On Star admitted that it was collecting information to sell to third parties. They admitted that even those who didn’t subscribe, but have the hardware in their car, are having their information collected.
For years On Star had denied that they were spying on clients, and non-clients. Rumors about On Star were denounced as crazy conspiracy theories.
The reason On Star spies on clients is to generate more streams of income. For example, On Star could potentially sell information about a car accident you were in to your insurance company. Since most people try to manage what information their auto insurance agent knows, this is cause for alarm.
In the video, software engineer Trevor Eckhart explains how a secret program included on many Android phones is collecting information on the user.
- GEICO cancels auto insurance because policy holder makes gun parts for a living!
- The incredible lifestyles of the California welfare class
- Top Items
- 2013 CofCC “Celt Fest” is April 27th
- Hate crime stabbing murder in broad daylight
- Obama orders removal of pro-gun clause from Obamacare
- NBC accuses Obama of lying, says many millions will lose their health insurance